The 1st choice for Greek and
foreign craft brewers!
Thracian Malt offers a wide range of malts that is constantly being enhanced with new types, while at the same remaining committed to our basic principles: respect for the customer and the producer.
Since then, we have managed not only to cover our own needs in malt, but also to supply almost 90% of Greece’s independent brewers with our premium quality, Greek Thracian Malt. The benefits for both sides are very significant:
• We work directly with the farmers, without middlemen, securing the best possible prices for their crops
• We offer guaranteed, competitive pricing to our contractual farmers
• We provide consistent quality and availability of the most essential raw material for Greek and regional microbrewers
• We are an integral part of our local and regional circular economy
Every year about 2.500-3.000 hectares are cultivated and approximately 13.000-14.000 tons of barley are harvested in the Greek regions of Macedonia and Thrace.
At the same time, over the last four years, we have begun the transformation of Greece into a net exporter of malt, with dozens of satisfied clients throughout the Balkans and the Eastern Mediterranean, such as Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, Bulgaria, Albania and elsewhere.
In addition, we implement high standards of integrated, environmentally friendly agricultural production management (Agro 2.1, 2.2) and we have specialized personnel overseeing every stage of the production process, from the field to the final customer.
Phase one of our state-of-the-art Malting Plant was completed in 2014, while Phase two, which doubled our production capacity, was completed in 2017. Greece’s first Greek owned malting plant and one of the most technologically advanced facilities of its kind supplies our Thracian Malt to dozens of independent breweries throughout Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean.
- We only use water and barley without any additives or plant hormones, under strictly controlled temperature, humidity, and ventilation conditions; as such, our Thracian Malt is the ideal choice for all the breweries that strictly adhere to the traditional German purity law (Reinheitsgebot).
- We use the latest technology available in every stage of the production process.
- We manage to provide “bespoke” solutions for our customers, while offering competitive prices and the very best quality.
- We offer a wide and constantly growing range of malts, while maintaining our strict quality standards, investing in long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with all our customers.
- Our company minimizes its carbon footprint through specially targeted actions. The strategic location of our facility at the center of our contractual farmers lands throughout Macedonia and Thrace, minimizes the transport distances of our barley.
- We have substantially contributed to the reduction of CO₂ emissions, by saving energy and keeping water use at a bare minimum, from sowing in the field through to the final production stages.
- We have achieved through the implementation of integrated management systems (Agro 2.1, 2.2) the reduction of inputs and the minimization of the environmental contaminant residuals in Thracian Malt.
- We implement far-reaching recycling programs, contributing to the conservation of raw materials and energy.